Welcome to Himitsu, nano desu~! Feel free to browse around as much as you want. And don't be so shy. You can comment, read, or listen to your hearts content~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, August 2, 2010

Highschool of the Dead: Ep 1 Review

Ooh noes help me! I've fallen down and I can't get up. 
 So let me sum up Highschool of the Dead for you. There are zombies, busty high school girls, action, pointless fan-service, and busty high school girls beating the shit out of zombies. Did I forget to mention the boobs? Nah I don't think I did. 

When you first look at the name Highschool of the Dead you think of what else? Zombies and high school students beating the crap out of them. But in this case you'd only be half right. On the surface it looks like the type of anime you'd expect to have a lot of blood, gore, violence, and zombie slaying. But Highschool of the Dead is what I like to call "a mixed bag" an anime that only delivers only half of what it's suppose to deliver and half of things it's not suppose to. I did really enjoy watching it however there are some points I need to address. I'll explain more of it after the jump.




Nothing says great anime like having tits in the camera.


There's not a lot to talk about when it comes to the plot. Considering that it's just the first episode. But I'll try my best. Basically you have this ordinary high school kid named Takashi Komuro, and he's busy daydreaming about his past and shit. Then he's soon interrupted by Saya Takagi how basically calls him an idiot over and over again for dwelling upon things from the past. After that Takashi looks down the school gate to find 3 teachers trying to fend off an intruder. But little do they know, the intruder is actually a zombie (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand finally we get to the story.) Zombie bites the gym teacher, the gym teacher bites another teacher, the virus spreads through the school and now we have mass hysteria. Lovely. So Takashi grabs his 2 friends Rei Miyamoto and Hisashi Igou and run up to the observatory on the roof, and along the way bash the brains out a few zombies. Meanwhile the rest of the school is trying to get their asses out of the building as quickly as possible. Now here is where the pointless fan-service comes in. For one what's up with the unnecessary panty shots? Do you really need to look at some chick's pussy while she's getting trampled by 6 or 7 guys? The answer is a big NO! The only people that would enjoy this crap are the horny fanboys. Then again we can't really do anything but watch it. If only there was a filter system where we could filter through all the pointless fan-service and nonsense that doesn't need to be in certain anime. Anyway moving right along. After the whole "run for you lives" scene Saya and some gun-otaku named Kouta Hirano going to god knows where. So finally at the end of the episode, Takashi and the others take refuge on the roof. Ooh here comes the twist! Hisashi turns into a zombie and Takashi smashes his head in with a bat, and Rei screams and cries. The End.

Wow that is one nasty hickey

The characters of Highschool of the Dead aren't really anything to brag about. We've all seen it before. Takashi's your basic male protagonist. He's all angry and pissed off at life cause his past life sucked. Excuse me for a second I need to get a tissue and cry me eyes out. Ooh poor Takashi. Anyway moving right along.
Then you have Rei Miyamoto, Takashi's childhood friend. Now at first glance you'd be thinking "hmm this character might actually be useful and actually contribute to the storyline a bit." Nope! In actuality she's completely fucking useless. She can't do anything correctly, even when it comes to slaying zombies she's useless. Did she not play Resident Evil or watch Shaun of the Dead when she was younger? I mean it's common sense to know that you're suppose to go for the head when ever you're taking down a zombie. But then again if you're fighting a zombie face to face you might forget somethings. Anyway moving right along. Then we have Saya Takagi. Can anyone say the series' tsundere? Good. Not to mention that she's just there for the eye candy (not as much as the school nurse but you get the point.) All she ever does is whine, bitch and complain about everything. Especially in future episodes (which I'll probably end up doing). Then finally we have Kouta Hirano (note that most of the characters are named after real people. Coincidence? I think not.) He's basically just there for comic relief. I kinda like him, in my eyes he's a decent character and I wish we'd focus more on him instead of Takashi.

Hey Hisashi you watching? I just stole your wifey.

So overall I did enjoy the first episode of Highschool of the Dead. It's an interesting concept however it's over shadowed by pointless fan-service and panty shots. The characters are... decent and the storyline is interesting. Basically I liked this anime and I have high hopes for this becoming an anime that people will remember 20 years from now. Well that about wraps up this review. Look for more from me xDarknessx

3 comments:

  1. honestly was there a need for the panty shots? I couldn't fathem myself to actually continue on watching this series due to the gratuidius amounts of fan-service

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review there, Darkness. Yes I totally agree with you.

    They seriously need to remove the fan-service and show more and more action besides showing jiggling breasts and ridiculous panty shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the captions for the saya pic lol great tits in the camera XDD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails